The Terre Rouge Project is seeking diverse individuals in the community with an interest in leadership, who are passionate about Strengthening Father-Daughter Relationships to join our Board of Directors.
The Terre Rouge Project is a nonprofit organization working to end father absence. We are dedicated to Changing the Narrative and aim to turn the stereotype of the absent father.
Fathers play a critical role in the healthy development of children and families. This is why, the Terre Rouge Project find that it's important to address structural and systemic barriers that prevent men from being fully present in their children's lives so that all families have a chance to thrive.
We are currently recruiting diverse leaders who:
- Have experience in non-profit finance ;
- Have experience in academia, government, or military;
- Want to serve in a leadership role;
- Live in the New York area;
The Terre Rouge Project Board Members have the following duties:
- Understand the organization’s mission/Vision and policies
- Actively participate in overseeing financial decisions for the organization and efficient management of The Terre Rouge Project resources;
- Determine, monitor, and address the organization’s needs;
- Review and understand the organization’s financial statements;
- Participate in the advancement of the organization’s strategic plan;
Board and Committee Work
- Attend and participate in 80% or more of quarterly/monthly Board calls, committee calls, and other important related meetings;
- Serve on the committees and participate actively in committee work by staying informed about committee matters.
- Get to know other Board members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus;
- Commit to acquiring a minimum amount of $2,500 per year for the organization by soliciting sponsors, applying for grants, hosting fundraisers, or making a personal donation;
- Identify and secure financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission;
- Raise brand awareness by promoting The Terre Rouge Project in social media campaigns and at networking events;
- Serve as an active advocate and ambassador for the organization.
How do you apply?
To apply to The Terre Rouge Project Board of Directors, please submit your resume and your cover letter, please describe why you would like to join the Terre Rouge Project of Directors, what skills you would like to utilize on the Board.